Professional, Originally Released On Cassette Only
Game Type : Strategy; Puzzle (Assumed)
Authors : R. L. Edwards, A. D. Wright and D. G. Stading
Standalone Release(s) : 1983: COUNTER ATTACK, OIC, £3.99
Compilation Release(s) : None
Stated compatibility : BBC/Electron Dual Version
Actual compatibility : As stated
Supplier : OIC LTD, 15 Burghead Close, College Town, Camberley, SURREY
Disc compatibility : Unknown
"Simple in concept, stimulating in practice. Skill level selection allows the game to be equally enjoyed by infants and serious game players alike."
The object of this game is to make a line of your counters, horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
The game takes place on a verical 7x7 board. Players take alternate turns and on his turn, a player may select a column on the board into which his counter will be dropped.
The Winner is the first player to make a line of four counters. Note: If, on his turn, your opponent makes a line of your counters, this is not taken as a win for you - you must have the line set up at the end of your turn.
On your turn you may...
1. drop a counter into a column - just press a number between 1 and 7,
2. rotate a row left or right - press the left or right arrow key then the number of the row to rotate, or
3. rotate a column up or down - press the up or down arrow key followed by the number of the column.
1. You cannot place a counter into a column that is already full.
2. Rotating a row or column may leave empty gaps in a column - gravity will cause the counters above the gap to fall and fill it.
3. Rotating a column up when it is not full is a waste of a turn.
4. You may change your mind about your move any time before pressing a number - just press the correct key (arrows for rotate, P for Place).
During the initial loading of the game you have the opportunity to alter various aspects of it. You may change the colours of the background, board and counters; the number of counters to be made in a row; select sound on or off and select whether the object is to make a line or not make a line.
Instructions' Source : COUNTER ATTACK (OIC) Inner Inlay and Loading
Review : No Review Yet